- Pets (cats and dogs) as defined in current passenger tariffs, when in a container and accompanied by a passenger or shipped as Cargo, may be carried in cabin or baggage compartment.
- Ethiopian accepts Dog or Cat into the cabin with limited number per compartment(2 in Economy class and 1 in business class)with a box measuring dimensions not more than 55X40X20cms and does not exceed 8kgs including transport container.
- Dog or Cat contained in boxes larger than 55X40X20cms dimension, shall not be accepted in cabin and therefore shall be loaded in belly.
- Dogs trained to lead the seeing impaired (seeing-eye dogs), if accompanying a passenger who is dependent on the dog and if the dog is properly harnessed, and muzzled may be carried in the cabin on all Ethiopian Airlines passenger aircraft without
charge. Such carriage is dependent on any local or governmental restrictions.
- Dogs trained to assist the hearing impaired (hearing–ear dogs), if accompanying a passenger who is dependent on the dog and if the dog is properly harnessed, and muzzled may be carried in the cabin on all Ethiopian Airlines passenger aircraft without
charge. Such carriage is dependent on any local or governmental restrictions and advance arrangements must be made before accepting hearing ear dog as PETC.
- Assistance or Service dogs for visually impaired and hearing impaired persons are transported free of charge on all Ethiopian flights and may also travel inside cabin. Please remember to notify us of your guide dog ahead of time
- Ethiopian does not accept Dogs and cats belonging to snub-nosed breeds due to difficulty in breathing. The stress caused by transportation and/or high temperatures at the departure, transfer and destination airports can cause circulatory issues that may result in breathing problems
B. Procedure on carriage of pets
Ethiopian shall accept pets in the cabin on all Ethiopian Q-400 aircrafts.
- Q-400 Aircraft Pets in containers accompanied by passenger or shipped as cargo may be carried in the baggage compartment(s).
- Advance arrangements are required for pets in containers accompanied by passenger or shipped as cargo.
C. Booking Procedure
Detail of the type of pet and size of the container should be indicated during reservation.
Ethiopian does not accept emotional support or psychiatric service animal for transportation in the cabin unless the passenger provides a current documentation (i.e., no older than one year from the date of the passenger ‘s scheduled initial flight) on the letterhead of a licensed mental health professional (e.g., psychiatrist, psychologist, licensed clinical social worker, medical doctor).
D. Condition of Carriage
- Governmental restrictions regarding pet carriage and acceptance vary from country to country. Please contact your nearest Ethiopian Airlines office or your travel agent.
- In the event passenger and pet are making interline connections, the applicable regulation of the interlining carrier should be checked.
- The charge for pet in cabin/baggage compartment will be at excess baggage rates in accordance with current applicable tariffs, regardless of weight of other baggage.
|Route||Revised Pet Charges Effective for Sales and Travel 29oct19 U.F.N|
|between any ET international online points||For PET transported in Cabin with weight upto 8Kg including the cage ||120 EUR/110GBP/150 USD per direction( for one way)|
|between any ET international online points||For PET transported in hold ( pets that are more than 8KG up to 32kg including the cage ) ||370 USD per direction( for one way)|
|between any ET Domestic e points||For PET transported in Cabin with weight upto 8Kg including the cage ||100 USD per direction( for one way)|
|between any ET Domestic e points||For PET transported in hold ( pets that are more than 8KG up to 32kg including the cage ) || 500% of the excess baggage rate provided (GSM Sec04.04 7.6) is fulfilled |
|Genral rules and application||Exception: For ET codeshare flights the operating carrier rules shall apply.|
PET that is more than 32 KG including the cage shall be transported as cargo per cargo procedure
PET/AVIH is cherged the above payment OLNY regardless of weather it is within free baggage allowance or Not
4. Owner assumes all risk for injury sickness or death of any pet accepted for transportation, and assumes responsibility for compliance with all governmental regulations and restrictions. Ethiopian will not be responsible in the event that any pet is
refused carriage into or through, any state, country or territory.
|To bring PET in Cabin to Norway.|
|Strictly Follow the rules as stated on the link|
|To import animal to Norway.|
|Strictly Follow the rules as stated on the link|
These pages are for informative purposes only and do not form a contract. As such, any information contained within this site is subject to change with or without notice. Ethiopian Airlines assumes no liability for these changes. Ethiopian also reserves
the right to interpret and apply these policies and procedures. In each case, Ethiopian’s interpretations and applications shall be final and conclusive